Reduce young worker injuries
An interactive workshop for direct supervisors of young workers
– young worker risk and brain development in a WHS context –
Contact Youthsafe for a FREE meeting and consultation
This workshop gives you the latest research around brain and physical development to better understand young people’s behaviours and attitudes, offering alternative ways to build more effective relationships with young workers.
It is designed to complement what supervisors already know about their WHS responsibilities, by exploring practical ways to enhance their influence with young workers.
Flexible delivery means the session can be run to suit you – from as little as three hours up to a six-hour session.
During the workshop, supervisors:
- will be assured of their importance as significant adult influencers in the lives of young workers and given practical ways to increase their influence
- given insights into the common drivers, behaviours and attitudes of young people
- invited to explore issues relevant to young workers and young worker health and safety
- offered the opportunity to enhance safety outcomes for young workers and improve workplace safety culture
Youthsafe offers FREE meeting and consultation for other workshops suitable for all internal stakeholders including:
FOR YOUNG WORKERS
A 90 minute interactive session for young workers, designed to complement the above, covering topics such as effective communication, stress/wellbeing, as well as alcohol and other drugs.
FOR STAFF TEAMS
Do young people listen to what adults have to say these days? Do we need to scare them into being safe? This session takes an informal look at busting some myths around young people’s health, safety and wellbeing.
FOR DIRECTORS AND EXECUTIVE STAFF
A presentation ideal for breakfast or after hours meetings, providing a brief overview of young workers, their stage of development, their specific health and safety needs and implications for Officers under the Work Health and Safety Act.