AROUND 56% OF NSW YOUNG PEOPLE ARE INVOLVED IN AN ORGANISED SPORT OF SOME KIND.
Youthsafe works collaboratively with sporting groups and government to develop innovative sports safety strategies to address risks young people face while playing sport.
A tailored approach to sports safety, specific to your young people. We offer a range of services including:
- Research and consultation – To identify key factors contributing to injury risks. Can include focus groups, surveys, statistical analysis and other technology-based youth specific approaches.
- Program planning - Incorporating current sports injury research and local club/sport concerns to create tailored, innovative sport safety solutions. Programs can target coaches, players, managers, trainers, first aid volunteers, administrators, officials and policy makers and others.
- Program delivery – a range of options based on budget and project scope. Can include: facilitated workshops, resources, peer-to-peer delivery options and technology-based programs.
- Evaluation – to ensure to continued relevance and sustainability. Evaluation strategies include: surveys, consultations, statistical analysis, pre- and post-program analysis.
- Advisory services –one-off or short-term advice regarding your existing or upcoming sports programs. We can assist with grant applications, provide feedback on safety plans and advise on communicating safety to young people.
SafeClub Safety Training for club administrators (3 hours)
SafeClub is an award-winning risk management program that is a simple, flexible and practical approach to sports safety.
Following SafeClub's 'six steps to safety' model, participants will be more confident in how to:
- Deal with the safety issues, on and off the field, that are most relevant to your club.
- Develop a club-specific safety manual which addresses your club's needs.
- Address duty of care and risk management requirements, quickly and easily.
For information on our products addressing sports safety click here.
To take a look at some case studies of previous Youthsafe initiatives, please click here.