socialising, parties and celebrations are important to young people.
They provide them with an opportunity to socialise, meet other young people and to celebrate significant life events. But while parties are important for social development reasons, they can also bring about a range of risk factors that can increase the risk of injury.
Youthsafe works with individuals and organisations to investigate risks associated with socialising and develop approaches to keeping young people safe.
A tailored approach to safer celebrating, specific to your young people. We offer a range of services including:
- Research and consultation – To identify key factors contributing to injury risks. Can include focus groups, surveys, statistical analysis and other technology-based youth specific approaches.
- Program planning - Incorporating current research and local youth needs to create tailored, innovative solutions.
- Program delivery – a range of options based on budget and project scope. Can include: facilitated workshops, resources, peer-to-peer delivery options, technology-based programs and curriculum-based education programs with supporting activities.
- Evaluation – to ensure to continued relevance and sustainability. Evaluation strategies include: surveys, consultations, statistical analysis, pre- and post-program analysis.
- Advisory services –one-off or short-term advice regarding your existing or upcoming safer celebrating initiatives. We can assist with grant applications, provide feedback on project plans or evaluations, advise on youth appropriate consultation methods and participate in advisory groups or steering committees.
Youthsafe delivers safer celebrating sessions in a variety of school and community settings. For more information click here.
To take a look at some case studies of previous Youthsafe initiatives, please click here.